Imagine stepping into a whole new world of flavors and fun, like finding a treasure chest of deliciousness! It all starts with simple things like flour, water, and a bit of excitement. Mixing them up is like creating a magical potion that becomes the base of your very first homemade pizza. Think of it as a blank canvas, waiting for you to add your favorite colors in the form of tasty toppings. As it bakes, your kitchen fills with the most amazing smell, making you feel like a pizza pro. Creating your own pizza from scratch isn’t just about cooking; it’s about going on a flavor adventure that will have you hooked from the very first bite!
Perfect Pizzas: Your Homemade Delight Awaits!
- 2 Pizza Dough balls
- ½ cup flour for dusting the pizza peel
- ½ cup tomato pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Asiago, Pecorino Romano, and Parmigiano or similar hard cheese
- Place a baking stone on the middle rack and warm it for at least an hour on the highest setting.
- Form the dough ball on a counter press dough flat and lift and gently stretch out into the round shape, then transfer it to a flour-dusted peel or an upside-down sheet pan.
- Leave a 1/4-inch border unadorned and cover the dough's surface with 1/4 cup of tomato sauce. Four basil leaves, one in each quadrant, should be placed on the sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the shredded hard cheese on top of the sauce, basil, and half of the mozzarella.
- Slide the pizza gingerly off the peel and onto the baking stone. Bake time should be between 7 and 9 minutes.
- When done, the cheese should be melted entirely and only just starting to turn brown in places. The crust should be puffy, slightly burned around the edges, and thinner in the middle. The crust's underside should be crisp and brown, not white and squishy.
- After baking the pizza, remove it from the oven and quickly cover it with four more basil leaves, one in each quadrant but not precisely on top of the previous ones.